All medical procedures and surgeries have inherent risks and potential complications no matter where they may be performed. As more U.S. and Canadian residents seek medical care outside their home country, many do so wanting the assurance that if they are hospitalized with an unforeseen and critical complication following such a medical procedure, they have the ability to secure the care they want where they want it.
Since typical travel insurance excludes any coverage for medical evacuation when traveling for planned medical procedures, your exposure to significant costs both financially and to your health is not something most are prepared to handle.
Consider that if you wanted to return to your home hospital and your healthcare network for medical care, the cost for such a medical evacuation could easily reach upwards of $50,000 to $100,000 with payment required upfront. Arranging such a payment from a foreign country is only one of the many challenges you will face.
- You currently reside in the U.S. or Canada
- You are between the ages of 18 and 65.
- You are traveling to Mexico, Central America, the Bahamas or the Caribbean (excluding Cuba) for your medical procedure.
- You are having the medical procedure completed by a licensed physician in a licensed clinic or hospital that is in good standing with the host country’s government
- You are traveling for one of the following scheduled and approved procedures listed below.
Eligible Procedures Covered
|Tummy Tuck||Bariatric Surgery||Eye Lift|
|Arm Lift||Buttocks Implants||Breast Lift or Breast Implants|
|Facelift||Forehead Lift||Liposculpture or Liposuction|
|Breast Augmentation||Breast Reduction||Chin Surgery|
|Ear Shape/Lift||Nose Job||Vaginal Tightening|
|Plus Botox, Collagen, Radiance, Lesion Removal and Spider Vein Therapy|
Eligible Dental Procedures